Research conducted under NBI PIER Element 4, Integrated Design of Small Commercial HVAC Systems, (Commission Contract 400-99-012) produced performance guidance for designers and operators on ways to improve the efficiency and operations of small package HVAC units. Many of these improvements could be integrated into a new "advanced" unit that would directly address performance and market impact objectives.
- The Advanced Rooftop Unit (ARTU) has completed
testing at the Refrigeration and
Thermal Test Center at Southern California Edison.
- The ARTU testing was done on a 5 ton, Carrier
already had some of
to be tested.
- Field Diagnostic Services, Inc. provided
- A draft report on the test results should
in late October.
- When the final report is complete, the results
will be broadcast
nationally to the Air conditioning Contractors Association,
Council for an Energy Efficient
the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, Energy Star, the entire HVAC manufacturing